Redbird honored Pat Sipes on her 10 year anniversary of fitness and CrossFit with few of our coaches presenting her a handwoven Redbird Fitness blanket. For Pat, working out is her sanity and she loves it. “It’s an amazing workout! Does so much in a short amount of time. We have great coaches who go the extra mile to make sure we are doing the movements correctly!”
1. When did you start your fitness journey?
I started CrossFit on August 11,2011. I just liked the sound of that date. I am 68 and will be 69 on October 11th. My husband and I just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary on Friday the 13th, finally on a Friday, a first after 50 years, for someone who likes the significance of dates and numbers.
2. What was your first WOD at Redbird or your favorite WOD?
My favorite workouts involve power cleans.
3. What do you do for a living?
Patient Service Specialist for Memorial Physicians.
4. What are your favorite fitness movements and why?
Deadlifts. I can tell you what I don’t like - “Burpees”.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment at the gym since joining Redbird?
Biggest accomplishment my 190 lb deadlift this year and first time completing a full Murph and that too under an hour.
6. What’s something we don’t know about you?
I love sugar, not cake or cookies, just sugar. My favorite is cotton candy!! I have even bought a few bags and froze them for later!!
7. What superpower would you want to possess and why?
To fly so I can go wherever I want whenever I want and it won't cost me a thing!
Invisibility so I can go after bullies and they won't be able to get me!
Strength so I can go to the Crossfit games!!