Kyle Schone joined the Redbird family in March 2019. He is 29, grew up in Jacksonville. He went to Routt Catholic High School and graduated from Western Illinois University. He has a younger brother and they both farm together. A regular of our 6 am class, Kyle works hard and is very coachable. He is always eager to improve on his fitness by asking questions on intended stimulus and values intensity over weights. Get to know Kyle and congratulations on the tremendous strides you have made since joining Redbird.
1. When did you start Redbird? What made you start CrossFit?
I started in March 2019. I had previously gone to another gym in town, took a break and wanted to get back into it and decided to check out Redbird CrossFit.
2. What was your first WOD at Redbird?
I’m not sure. I know the first one had lots of lunges and leg movements because I couldn’t walk for a week.
3. What’s your full time job?
I am a full time farmer.
4. What are your favorite CrossFit movements?
Power Cleans And Pull Ups
5. Your biggest accomplishment since joining Redbird?
I couldn’t figure out a muscle up during the open. I was able to do them during “Nate” few weeks back.
6. What’s something that we don’t know about you?
I am working on my pilot’s license but it’s on hold now until I can buy a plane.
7. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, level of fitness?
The biggest difference is I used to wake up after 6:30 am and now I am usually awake at 5:30 to make the 6 am class. I had good cardio from running but my strength and gymnastics skills like capacity to do chest to bar pull-ups, handstand push ups and muscle ups have got better.
8. What do you like most about Redbird CrossFit to date?
I really like the atmosphere and the people.